Atlanta Pop-up Hike
Time & Location
About the Event
Latinxhikers is an online based community dedicated to promoting diversity and inclusion in the outdoors. We are hosting several pop-up hikes this summer and would love for you to join us!
Join us for our REI #sponsored pop-up hike at the East Palisades Trail on June 16th at 9:00am. We know it’s going to be a hot one so we want to get started early. This is one of our favorite hikes in the Atlanta area and are super excited to be doing the hike with all of you!
TRAIL DESCRIPTION: This is an easy to moderate hike. This is an easy to moderate hike. East Palisades is a unique hike in a densely forested park that rises above the Chattahoochee River. It offers some of the most scenic views of the river south of Lake Lanier and it also features a small bamboo forest.
TIME: 9:00 am
LOCATION: East Palisades Trailhead - Indian Trail Rd, 1425 Indian Trail NW, Sandy Springs, GA 30327
[Ancestral lands of the Cherokee, Chickasaw and Muskogee (Creek)]
MEETING SPOT: the large parking lot at the end of the dirt road
GPS location coordinates: 33.884062, -84.436651 // N33 53.044 W84 26.199
PARKING: $5/cash only (we encourage carpooling)
TRAIL STATS: less than 4 miles, less than 300 ft. elevation gain. We will be doing a variation of this trail: https://www.atlantatrails.com/hiking-trails/hiking-east-palisades-indian-trail-at-the-chattahoochee-river/
DOGS & KIDS - Dogs are welcome, as well as children.
Map of the trail: https://www.nps.gov/chat/planyourvisit/upload/trailmappalisadeseast.pdf
Thanks to REI we will be providing snacks and beverages at the end of the hike. Here is a list of recommended items to bring on this hike:
- Sunblock and/or hat to protect you from the sun
- Bug spray
- Comfortable and supportive hiking shoes/boots or trail sneakers with good traction and support - tennis shoes will work fine
- Wear layers to keep yourself comfortable, we recommend moisture-wicking clothing. We normally wear workout clothes such as leggings & tech t-shirts
- A daypack/backpack to carry all your stuff
- A reusable water bottle or hydro bladder - Please bring your bottle already filled up, there is no water filling station at the trailhead.
- Trekking pole(s) if you use them
This hike is open to all skill levels. We want everyone to be comfortable so we will take breaks when needed. No hiker left behind!
Can't want to see you there!!
Adriana & Luz
- General Admission$0$00$0